RSS

Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Last Lecture from Randy Pausch

I've finished reading this book. And I would really recommend it to everybody. The word used is simple and easy to understand. Easily you will be going through a few chapters without knowing. Randy Pausch really keep it simple for the readers. The most important thing is, what he shared with the readers.

He's a professor in Carnegie Mellon Uni and is diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. His doctor told him that he would have 6 healthy months if he's lucky. This would be the saddest thing to accept and yet he took the chance to hold this presentation - The Last Lecture.

He talked about his childhood dreams, doubts that anyone of us would have faced, the life and the right attitude towards anything in life. I think I would not be able to describe how inspiring and how I've changed my thoughts over certain things, but one thing for sure, it has affected me in such a positive way.

Life is short that you might not even realised that you did not appreciate the gift, which is time. "Stupidly", I always reminded myself yet I admit that you and I do sometimes let it slips away too, right? But the most important thing is, we have the courage to take the effort to make things better. :)

To myself and everyone that I care about,
Take away the ego, cause it's not going to do any good.

Appreciate life, cause that's what we have at the present.

When you feel your life has no meaning, think about people who struggles to survive.

When you're giving up yourself, think about the people who never give up on you.

Take away the negative thoughts, cause it's not going to do any good.

Love yourself, cause that's how you pass the love to others.

When you feel troubled, put the trouble in the trouble bucket. Cause it will only pulls you down. Switch your attention to something you like. Only conquer it when your mood bar has gone green.

Be happy, cause that's what makes the world beautiful.
Cheers!

http://thelastlecture.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the quotes, it is very true.....you write it by your own ?

guess who am I ?
I am who I am
visit your blog from lingking's blog although I know your blog already in early time.....:p

Lilian said...

Hi.. :) yes..just sharing a little words..hope that will light up the day of anyone who happened to come by and visit. :)
May I know who you are? haha..you know lingking..so let me guess...hmmm...